Homestyle Mac & Cheesy
Mac & Cheese that's healthy! This recipe is comfort food at its best! And better yet, it doesn't require ANY cooking of the pasta! It's simply a dump, stir and bake recipe! It uses Dreamfields Pasta, so it's a much healthier version your entire family will love! https://dreamfieldsfoods.comMac & cheese was pretty much a staple at our house when we were raising our kids. But back then, it was the orange stuff from the blue box. The unhealthy, full of preservatives box on the shelf. Now that I know that ingredients matter, I can make better, healthier options for my family.And your family (aka kids) will love this recipe that makes the perfect side dish to any meal. You'll love that it's a quick, simple dish. And one that will save you time in the kitchen! It makes a great dish to take to any potluck or family get-together. (and won't this be fabulous at the Holidays, too?)Want to make it a truly one-dish meal? Simply add some smoked sausage to the pan along with the other ingredients!
- 1 box Dreamfield's Elbow Pasta, uncooked
- 8 oz. shredded CoJack cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Triple Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 2 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9"x13" baking pan. Pour uncooked pasta into pan. Add cheeses. Stir. In a medium mixing bowl, add together remaining ingredients. Pour into pan. Stir again. Bake for 1 hour or until cheese is melted and golden brown.